Today we are extremely proud to announce the newest addition to the Star Project family, Droitwich Saturdays! This morning was the grand opening of our new school where we welcomed 32 eager, smiling faces to take part in a fun Saturday morning of singing, dancing and acting.
Droitwich Saturdays has been created following the closure of Encore, a successful theatre school which had been running for many years in Droitwich.
Our Saturday school has a hugely talented team:
- Michelle – our project leader with vasts amount of leadership experience in the arts
- Talullah – our dance teacher with a wealth of knowledge and lots of stage experience
- Ellie – our very talented Rising stars dance teacher who has recently been cast in Paw Patrol on Nickelodeon Jr
- Chloe – a Star Project veteran, Chloe has led some of our previous projects and has extensive experience across singing, dancing and acting.
On arrival, children were welcomed by the full team where everybody got to know each other. We have recently launched our new kit which was on display for parents to view and purchase for the new term. The first 30 to enrol were given free t-shirts! You can view our kit here.
Following our group greeting, the children did a big group warm up. The Rising Stars then went for their 90 minute session. The Main Project went into their age groups and rotated between drama and dance before coming together at the end to do a singing workshop where they learned ‘a whole new world’ from Aladdin. In dance they learned a routine from ‘Arabian nights’!
At the end, the children were rewarded with Star Project Goodie bags which included sweets, a Star Project band and a badge.
Droitwich Saturdays runs every Saturday at the Salvation Army Community Hall, Omberseley Way:
- Rising Stars (4-6 years) 10am-11:30am
- Main Project (7-18 years) 10am-1pm
To learn more about the Star Project visit our about page.