Last updated on 27/08/20
Here at The Star Project we would like to reassure our customers that we are taking every step we can to create a safe space with mitigated risk for our restart. Thank you for putting your trust in us and choosing SP as a safe place for your child to train in The Performing Arts. We have spent much time gathering the very best information we can to make our restart plans in line with government guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Please read this policy and then complete the Covid Safe Declaration Form to agree you have understood the policy HERE.
What date do our classes begin?
We will resume face to face classes with our new Covid -19 safe measures on the following dates:
- Cofton Hackett: Tuesday 1st September
- Barnt Green: Thursday 3rd September
- Droitwich: Saturday 5th September
This policy covers 3 sections:
- THE STAR PROJECT SAFETY MEASURES: How we will keep everyone safe
- THE PARENT AND STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT: What you are responsible for
- THE STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT: What we expect from our team members
The Star Project Safety Measures: How we will keep everyone safe:
- Good ventilation throughout the building with windows and doors open wherever possible and clean air circulating
- Masks for everyone in the building upon arrival and departure until in their safe spots and class begins. Masks are not required for class.
- Allocated performance spots for each child with a 1m plus distance to aid social distancing.
- Smaller groups of 15 per class
- One way rotation so age groups do not mix and separate entry and exit points
- Separate break areas so groups do not mix
- Set toilet break times to encourage students not to mix with other groups, students of course allowed to go outside of these times if needed and extra cleaning will be done.
- Electronic sign in by the project manager so that parents are not sharing pens.
- Verbal questionnaire upon arrival and temperature check.
- Adapted singing lessons in line with government guidelines
- Facing out for all lessons so not facing each other.
- Signage upon arrival and throughout the venue to encourage social distancing and one way traffic flow.
- Social distance line up spots for arrival.
- Each student will have a designated space for their personal belongings and to take their break.
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment for each venue and shared these with their management.
- Safeguarding Procedures have been clearly outlined to all staff and training has taken place
- All staff have completed a Covid Safe Course. Certificates are available to view HERE
- We have cleaning stations where staff and students can sanitise their hands upon entry and exit at each studio space. Each team member will have a cleaning pack within their space and has been trained on how to clean their area between and during sessions.
- Full information collected upon enrollment on every child that attends in order to aid track and trace.
- Where people cannot keep 2m apart we have ensured at least a 1m distance and taken all the mitigating actions possible to manage transmission risk such as ensuring good ventilation, all students to face forwards during class. Use of chairs where possible for some activities to keep students more stationary.
Parent and Student Code of Conduct
- The Star Project believes that it is important for teacher/parent/student to work together to keep everyone safe. We have outlined what we require from our customers and students at The Star Project below and thank you for supporting each us:
- To complete the Covid Safe Declaration HERE
- To ensure your child arrives at the session with only one adult. CONSENT TO ARRIVE ALONE: This term we are offering a consent for your child to arrive alone to support social distancing and reduce traffic. If you wish for your child to sign themselves in to enable a quick drop off and you feel confident that your child can be trusted to do this safely please complete the NO GUARDIAN ENTRY FORM HERE before their first session. If a child arrives at the session alone and this form has not been completed, they will be not be able to enter. This is NOT available for Rising Stars. Please also note until the child is in our care they remain your full responsibility.
- To socially distance whilst waiting at drop off and pick up areas.
- To arrive only at your allotted times for drop off and pick up to avoid unnecessary congestion. Timing changes will be sent to you before the session starts.
- To be aware of any venue changes
- Please keep questions where possible to email or phone prior or after the session to help us reduce traffic at the drop off desk. firstname.lastname@example.org or 07805161533.
- To send your child with a small mess free snack and drink that must not be shared.
- To notify us if anyone of our students or anyone in your family is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and ensure that you do not send your child to our setting if this is the case.
- To contact the NHS if your child or anyone in your family is showing symptoms so that the track and trace system can be put in place and that we can notify any students within the same group to isolate.
- To practice good hygiene, i.e. washing hands/using antibacterial hand gel before entering the setting and all other guides set out by the NHS. Please send your child with their own pocket hand sanitizer.
- Avoid public transport where possible, please do your best to arrive by your own private means of transport or by walking where possible.
- To avoid entering our setting unless enrolled and we are expecting you
STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT
In addition to the guidance above followed and understood by our team please see an outline of staff expectations.
- Staff have been trained in The Star Project Covid Safe Policy
- Staff have all signed a declaration after reading and being trained in this policy
- Staff have all completed a separate COVID AWARENESS course at CPD ONLINE COLLEGE. Certificates can be viewed HERE
- Staff are all responsible for their own cleaning station and have access to this in their studio or room.
- Staff are all DBS checked and skilled professionals in their field
- Staff have all read The Star Project Safeguarding Policy.
- Each staff member wears Star Project Uniform and a name badge, so they are easily recognisable at all times.
- There is at least one first aid trained individual at every project
Thank you for reading our Covid Safeguarding policy